Careers at Springer Nature
Springer Nature is a leading research, educational and professional publisher, providing quality content to our communities through a range of innovative platforms, products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people – helping researchers, students, teachers and professionals to discover, learn and achieve more.
Springer Nature has been active in the Asia-Pacific region since the formation of Springer Japan K.K. (SJKK) in 1983, and Nature Japan K.K., (NJKK) in 1987, both part of Springer Nature. Since that time, SJKK and NJKK have merged to form Springer Nature Japan K.K. (SNJKK). SNJKK is the center of Springer Nature's business in Japan and parts of the Asia-Pacific region. In Japan, Springer Nature focusses on its Research and Healthcare divisions.
If you are interested in working with us, please visit Springer Nature Group Careers.
Springer Nature’s mission statement
Opening doors to discovery
Research and learning are the cornerstone of progress, which is why we open doors to discovery, enabling millions of researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals to access, trust and make sense of the latest insights.
To accelerate solutions to the world’s urgent challenges
We will accelerate solutions to the world’s urgent challenges by unlocking the potential of open science and research across all disciplines, advancing knowledge and inspiring all to achieve more to improve the lives of generations to come.
Principal Business Operations
- Springer Nature offers a variety of licensing options for institutions of all sizes in the academic, government and corporate sector. With an expansive offering of journals, books and databases, we're confident you'll find the right content solution for your institution.
- Publication of journals in various fields of science, medicine, technology, and social sciences including those in partnerships with academic organizations.
- We publish 13,000 peer-reviewed books per annum across the complete spectrum of STM and HSS research disciplines under a variety of publishing imprints, and our books are available in multiple online formats and in print.
- We offer a variety of promotional solutions and researcher services for institutions, corporations and government agencies to benefit from our expertise and to engage with a global audience of scientists, healthcare professionals, and opinion-leaders.
- A global leader in medical education, communications, and training.
- We promote the sales of Springer Nature’s print books and increase their visibility to BtB and BtC customers in Japan and South Korea.
- We engage with key stakeholders in the research ecosystem, including researchers, institutions, librarians, funders and policymakers via sharing knowledge, connecting people and brokering alliances to deliver a more open, diverse, inclusive, efficient and impactful research environment.
- We create a simpler, modern, joined-up experience that empowers researchers to succeed in open science, helps them increase their knowledge and skills and supports them in building their reputation and career.
- We provide customer and fulfillment services for ecommerce customers, institutions, librarians, open research authors and trade book customers.