Careers at Nature Publishing Group
Nature is the world's foremost weekly scientific journal and is the flagship journal for Nature Publishing Group (NPG). Launched in 1869, its original mission statement still leads the Group as we develop publications, explore opportunities arising from new technology and serve a growing audience of readers.
In response to the rapid growth in output of research from the Asia-Pacific region in recent years, Nature Publishing Group was formed in January 2006 out of Nature Japan K.K. , the representative company for Nature Publishing Group (NPG) in Japan set up in Tokyo in 1987 to publish Nature. The renamed company brings together NPG staff located across the region in offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Delhi.
Nature Publishing Group has more than doubled in size since formation. Building on the strong foundations of the sales, marketing and editorial activities of Nature Japan K.K., several new publishing operations have been put in place that represent both the various publishing activities of NPG and new activities unique to Nature Publishing Group.
Current Job Openings
- Web Production Editor
⇒ Nature Publishing Group, Tokyo, Japan
Nature's mission statement
CEO and Representative
Nature Japan K.K.
Nature's original mission statement was published for the first time on 11 November 1869. The journal's original mission statement was revised in 2000.
FIRST, to place before the general public the grand results of Scientific Work and Scientific Discovery ; and to urge the claims of Science to a more general recognition in Education and in Daily Life;
And, SECONDLY, to aid Scientific men themselves, by giving early information of all advances made in any branch of Natural knowledge throughout the world, and by affording them an opportunity of discussing the various Scientific questions which arise from time to time.
Principal Business Operations
- Publication of the print and online versions of Nature in Japanese, Korean and Chinese (Nature Publishing Group)
- Sales and advertising for Nature, Nature sister journals and NPG published academic journals in the Asia-Pacific (Nature Publishing Group)
- Provide customized products and services for medical and pharmaceutical industries (Macmillan Medical Communications)
- Provide customized products and services for scientific research institutions and corporations in the Asia-Pacific (Macmillan Scientific Communications)
- Partnerships with societies and institutes for the publication of academic journals (Nature Publishing Group)